Morgon - 2021
This cuvee is made up of three different plots that were vinified independently and then combined at the end. Anthony's largest cuvee is the standard Morgon.
- Brand:Anthony Thévenet
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Gamay, a grape with great versatility, thrives in the region's semi-continental climate, which features long, hot summers and cold winters. The grape has the potential to produce wines as fine, elegant, and complex as many Burgundies, as well as wines of great force and structure with nuances more closely linked to their neighbors across Lyon in the Northern Rhône Valley.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy and rocky granite soils
- Vineyard Size:8.5 ha
- Fermentation:Sorting is directly implemented in the vineyard. Grapes go in concrete tank for 10 to 25 days of carbonic maceration. Once malolactic fermentation is completed, racking is performed. No pumping. Everything is carried out by gravity.
- Elevage:6 months aging in concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Anthony Thévenet
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:1,000 cases