Cabernet Sauvignon - 2018
From Brand Napa’s highest-altitude site, right next to Colgin's IX vineyard, this is perhaps the winery’s most age-worthy bottling. It captures the power and expressiveness of Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon with stunning purity. At an elevation of 1400 feet, our upper vineyard sits above the fog, basking in morning sunshine and remaining cooler in the afternoon, with breathtakingly beautiful views sweeping from San Francisco Bay to Mount St. Helena. The 2018 BRAND Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon captures the power, beauty, and unique character of Pritchard Hill wines. Notes of crushed blackberry and wild sage are followed by a dense and vibrant palate with its suggestions of fresh plum, frankincense, and cocoa powder. The wine is expressive, especially decanted while young, and will be seductively nuanced with aging of 5-10 years.
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Pritchard Hill
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:Although similar in some ways to the East side of Napa Valley (St. Helena, Rutherford, etc), there are two mitigating factors in that make Pritchard Hill substantially different: the mitigating influence of Lake Hennesy, and the substantial increase in altitude which can be both cooler and drier because of the fog.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Fermentation:One-acre vineyard blocks are fermented separately in barrels and double-jacketed, stainless-steel tanks. The fermentations use ambient yeast or pure cultures, depending on each lot’s characteristics.
- Elevage:Aged in French oak barrels for 23 months. 70% new French oak barrels selected from 6-8 coopers including Taransaud T-5, Hermitage, Sylvain and Demptos.
- Winemaker Name:Philippe Melka and Matt Johnson
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://brandnapavalley.com
- Total Production:637 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Brand Napa uses organic and biodynamic farming practices in their vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:No