Pouilly Fuisse "Clos Varambon" - 2020
Chateau des Rontets produces 3 cuvees imported to NY, Clos Varambon is made from all the vines within our clos, planted after 1945. A mix of several plots with different age and rootstock. The youngest planting is approximately 20 years old. Clos Varambon is to be appreciated in its youth. Vinified in larger oak casks, no new oak in order to preserve the pure expression of the fruit. Aromas of white flowers and fresh stone fruits. With 6 years of ageing, the aromatic palette turns to dry fruits, beewax and spices. Fabio and Claire always release wines that are already in ideal conditions to be enjoyed.
- Brand:Château des Rontets
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0.65<
- Climate:Temperate, challenging recent vintages with massive lost due to frost during flowering and heat waves during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:4.5ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970 - early 2000
- Fermentation:Direct press, fermentation in oak casks, indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:Vinification in 30 hectoliter oak casks, 400-liter & 228-liter barrels without new oak. Elevage is about 12 to 18 months, bottled after a light filtering (Kieselguhr method)
- Winemaker Name:Fabio and Claire Gazeau-Montrasi
- Producer Website:https://www.chateaurontets.com
- Sustainable Certificates:Certified EU Organic