CLOVIS Côtes du Rhône - 2022
Red fruit (cherry), mild tannins, medium body. It's generous and silky on the palate, with good concentration and a smooth finish with lots of tannins. Remi Pouizin's certified organic farm in Visan, as well as other chosen growers, produce this delicate and fruit-forward Côtes du Rhône. It adds Cinsault and Carignan to the typical Grenache and Syrah blend, and a mild extraction in the cellar yields vibrant, spice-tinged red fruit with soft tannins. Clovis is a subtle and fruity Côtes du Rhône expression. The extraction is quite delicate, resulting in silky tannins and a fresh expression of red fruits and spice.
- Brand:Clovis CdR
- Region:Rhône Valley
- Sub-Region:Côtes du Rhône
- Varietal:50% Grenache, 25% Syrah, 15% Cinsault, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 ppm total
- Climate:Continental with very hot summer and pretty strong wind called "mistral"
- Harvest Technique:Hand and mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1980.0
- Fermentation:Fermented with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:6 months in both steel tank and concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Remi Pouizin
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:3,000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Certified Organic