Alfa Tauri - 2021
The grapes are harvested by hand, selected on a vibrating sorting table, immediately crushed and destemmed in temperature conditions below 18 ° C and subjected to a short-lasting soft pressing. The must obtained remains for 48 hours in decantation at a temperature of 4 ° C, then it is decanted, deprived of the lees and allowed to ferment at a controlled temperature between 17 and 18 ° C. After the fermentation phase, the wine is stored for 3 months on the fine lees in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of around 10 ° C The color is an elegant pink with peach nuances and lively, brilliant reflexes. The intense and inviting aromas are of summer fruit, primarily strawberry and peach with some tropical notes. The taste is fresh and fragrant, dry with a sapid, mineral.
- Brand:Val Di Toro
- Commune/Village:Poggio La Mozza,
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:64 mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Maremma is always mild along the coast, with mild winters and temperatures that never drop below zero, plus cool summers that are never hot and humid. Sometimes it never rains in summer, the rainfall is concentrated in winter and spring with some storms in autumn.We are at approximately 100 m a.s.l. and about 10 km from the coast.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:2 Ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2016.0
- Fermentation:Once the grapes are taken to our winery, which is located more or less in the middle of our vineyards, they are immediately destemmed and pressed. The must is left to decant for 2 days while kept at low temperature and then fermented in steel vats.
- Elevage:Once fermentation, which occurs in stainless steel vats, is finished, the resulting wine is left in the same vats till the beginning of November then it gets transferred into a different type of stainless-steel vat whose characteristic is that it will chill the wine to around -5 degrees centigrade. At this temperature the tartrates will precipitate and we achieve the stability of the wines without the use of chemical or animal products
- Winemaker Name:Anna Maria Cruciata
- Producer Website:https://www.valditoro.it
- Total Production:900.0
- Sustainable Certificates:No chemical elements are used in any steps of the viticulture and vinification process
- Sustainable Practice:Yes