Blanc de Meunier Brut Nature NV
An expressive and elegant Blanc de Meunier grown on green “illite” clay, which is perfectly suited to Pinot Meunier. From four sites around the tiny village of Cuisles (population: 150), it complements a classic nose of Pippin apples, baked fruit, jasmine, and bread before a rounded palate that gives way to warmth and minerality The expressive nose is classic and elegant with aromas of pippin apples and baked fruit with a hint of jasmine followed by bread and damson plum. The attack on the palate is round and youthful then leads to a warmer and more mineral profile. The finish is long and supple, marked by a firm yet refreshing bitter component du to the wine’s terroir.
- Brand:Champagne Andre Heucq
- Sub-Region:Marne Valley
- Color:Sparkling White
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:15-20mg/L
- Climate:The climate of Vallée de la Marne is oceanic with a continental influence.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:5.7 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs in stainless steel tanks.
- Elevage:48 months on lees. Fermentation in stainless-steel tank.
- Winemaker Name:André Heucq
- Producer Website:https://www.champagne-heucq.com/fr/
- Total Production:20,000 bottles
- Sustainable Certificates:André Heucq has been Certified Biodynamic since 2018 and they follow organic and sustainable farming principles.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes