Le Clos Saint-Hilaire 2005
This unique Blanc de Noirs cuvée bears the name of the Patron Saint of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ. This Clos of one hectare meets strict standards: a single, unbroken and enclosed plot with a complete vinification installation in situ. This single varietal of incredible typicity has all the qualities of an exceptional wine of great depth and singularity, to be kept for long-term aging.
- Brand:Champagne Billecart-Salmon
- Color:Sparkling White
Show More Less Information
- Soil:The Clos Saint-Hilaire is a single parcel where the vines, soil and subsoil are carefully tended with respect for the environment. Several years ago, BILLECART-SALMON decided to return to ancestral champagne-making methods in the Clos Saint-Hilaire by using work horses. This method of maintaining the soil and tending the vines increases porosity and biodiversity: the roots grow deep and the minerals they draw from the soil foster the growth of smaller, more concentrated grapes, revealing the terroir's typical flavour.
- Fermentation:100% vinified in oak casks
- Elevage:Ageing on lees: 170 months
- Producer Website:https://www.champagne-billecart.fr/en/millesime/clos-saint-hilaire
- Tasting Notes:A full-bodied and intense texture evoking citrus fruit flesh and pears in syrup (iodine notes, mandarin pulp), as well as subtle hints of panettone, bursting with rich flavors (puffed buckwheat and liquorice wood). The wine is characterised by a mesmerizing yet expressive charm, with a generosity that carries the finish towards a delicious chalky minerality.