Red Blend - 2021
Grown in the Mediterranean climate that defines South Africa’s Coastal Region, this red blend is Rhône-inspired yet decidedly South African. Fermented with native yeasts and aged in oak foudres, the final wine is full-bodied and displays inviting cherry, earth, and mineral notes in equal measure. An old-school Rhone Blend with contemprary style, a dark ruby colour. Cherry, earth and stone on the palate with a hint of smoke and spice on the nose.
- Region:Coastal Region
- Varietal:75% Shiraz, 18% Grenache, 7% Mourvèdre
Show More Less Information
- Country:South Africa
- How much so2 added:50ppm
- Climate:Mediterranean, cold winters, hot dry windy summers - avg. rainfall 350mm/year, distinctive rolling hills on avg. 140m above sea level
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:250 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990's
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo natural fermentation with ambient yeasts.
- Elevage:Stainless into foudre
- Winemaker Name:Trizanne Barnard
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Scores:90 POINTS, DECANTER
- Producer Website:https://lubanziwines.com
- Total Production:6200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Lubanzi was founded with a mission to do good, and remains committed to sustainability initiatives across ts endeavors. The brand practices sustainable viticulture and donates 50% of its annual profits back to growers via the Pebbles Project. In addition, Lubanzi is a Ceritifed B Corp, part of the 1% for the Planet organization, and Fair for Life fair-trade certified.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes