Kabinett Riesling Trocken - 2017
A traditional Kabinett Riesling, this wine comes from perfectly ripe grapes hand-harvested in the Pauls Valley, a sub-valley of the Mosel River. With layers of nuance in the glass – spanning fruit, floral, and mineral tones – this Kabinett always gains delicious complexity over time.
- Brand:Sybille Kuntz
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:51 mg/l
- Climate:Side valley of the River Mosel. Former river bed 300,000 years ago. 130 - 200 meter high. about 1 km away from the River Mosel. Western exposure.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:12 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1982-2013
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo two hours of maceration before pressing begins. After pressing, the must is allowed to settle for 24 hours before racking. The must undergoes spontaneous fermention until reaching dryness approximately 4-12 weeks later.
- Elevage:All Riesling wines stay on the lee for at least 5 months until we filter them with a diatomaceous earth filter
- Winemaker Name:Sybille Kuntz
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:401 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sybille Kuntz converted to organic farming in 1990, and is now Demeter Certified Biodynamic. Across the vineyards, no herbicides or artificial fertilizers are used. Instead, a spontaneous cover crop is allowed to thrive between the rows to encourage a natural balance of beneficial plant and animal life.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes