From the lower elevations of Portugal’s Dão region, this “tinto” or red wine show’s the region’s classic power in this full-bodied and expressive red. The nose shows elegant, restrained aromas of black cherry and fresh plum. Earthy undertones and firm tannins drive the palate in this wine, which embodies the potential of the Dão region. Classic Jaen black cherry and plum preserve on the nose and shows restraint and freshness. Fruit complexity on the palate is backed by earthy tannins, suggesting longevity. Prunus continues to be an excellent, honest example of how solid and consistently delicious Dao tinto can be.
- Brand:GOTA, LTD.
- Varietal:Jaén, Tinta Roriz
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:90 mg/liter TOTAL
- Climate:The small vineyards that comprise Prunus are located in the lower elevations of the Dão. While they collect 2200- 2400 heat units each vintage, there are fresh cooling winds that come off the mountain-sides to retain natural acids in the wine.
- Harvest Technique:The grapes from Gota’s team of small, independent growers is harvested exclusively by hand.
- Soil:Granite and Clay
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs in stainless steel tanks and traditional, open-topped stone lagares. Most of the grapes are destemmed before fermentation. The grapes undergo seven to 28 days of skin contact.
- Elevage:aging for 6 months in cement and used barrel.
- Winemaker Name:Natalia Jessa and Carlos Silva
- Finning & Filtration:filtered