'Albus' VDF Blanc Skin Contact - 2020
Half Clairette and half Ugni Blanc, grown on an organic vineyard, Albus is a nuanced, medium-bodied white wine with firm structure from a brief period of skin contact. Notes of tropical fruit, melon, ripe pear, and flowers decorate a dry, balanced palate with an undercurrent of acidity. Aromas and flavors of tropical fruits, melon, ripe pear, flowers and yeast. Dry, medium bodied palate, balanced acidity with a medium finish.
- Brand:Domaine La Suffrene
- Varietal:50% Clairette, 50% Ugni Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate in Bandol is nearly perfect for viticulture, especially for the mourvèdre grape. Bandol is the sunniest place in Provence, with various mountains blocking incoming clouds. Just enough rain falls normally for plants to be healthy. Winds keep vineyards fresh and healthy, so there is very little disease worry. In the summer, ocean breezes attenuate heat, allowing for slow, even ripening.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:silt soils
- Fermentation:After pressing, a fairly rapid yeast addition begins alcoholic fermentation partially on the Clairette skins. 48 hours after racking, sulfites are added to block malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:4 months’ ageing in stainless-steel vat
- Winemaker Name:Cedric Gravel
- Producer Website:https://domaine-la-suffrene.com/
- Total Production:224 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Domaine la Suffrène is HVE3 Certified, and this vineyard is farmed organically.