ArtEmio Montepulciano 2021
This biodynamic Montepulciano is produced in Abruzzo with spontaneous fermentation. The location is one of the most suitable area for wine production, and one of the few areas with a certified biodynamic management. Biodynamic agriculture develops its concept starting from a different point of view: the plant does not require treatments, since it has already gone through a slow process that made it stronger and in perfect balance with the vegetation around it. It is a pure Montepulciano fermented in stainless steel tanks, to enhance the freshness and fragrance of the intact fruit. The intense violet ruby color invites you to discover the varietal aromas which remembers dark and red fruits aromas. It has a great structure and concentration, wonderfully sustained from an obvious acidity. The perfect combination with all kinds of main dishes: meat, pasta and cheese.
- Brand:Passione Natura SRL
- Varietal:Montepulciano D'Abruzzo
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:10 mg/l
- Climate:Mediterranean climate
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:20 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1995
- Fermentation:The production of this Montepulciano starts at the beginning of September with a careful selection of the grapes, harvested by hand. The grapes are de-stemmed and pressed. Fermentation in stainless steel begins spontaneously and is carried out using only the indigenous yeasts present in the grape skins. There is an intense maceration typical of red vinification (28 days). This wine is nofiltered, and only 10 mg of sulfite are used per each liter.
- Elevage:Only stainless steel and then 6 months in bottles. Very low sulfites.
- Winemaker Name:Artemio Busiati in collaboration with Salvatore Agusta
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:550 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes