Assemblage Extra Brut NV
The Assemblage is a rich and complex Champagne composed of nearly equal parts Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, and Pinot Noir. Its aromatic profile balances notes of youth and cellar age, showing candied fruits, bread, white pepper, and herbal tea. It’s voluminous on the palate, but also fresh and intense with tart acidity—a beautifully balanced wine. The nose presents candied fruits, bread, mead and later notes of white pepper and herbal tea. The attack on the palate is fresh, then the wine is intensified, voluminous, and balanced by pleasant sourness.
- Brand:Champagne Andre Heucq
- Sub-Region:Marne Valley
- Varietal:40% Chardonnay, 30% Meunier, 30% Pinot Noir
- Color:Sparkling Wine
- Size:750ml and 1.5L
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:15-20mg/L
- Climate:The climate of Vallée de la Marne is oceanic with a continental influence.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:5.7 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990
- Fermentation:70% of the grapes ferment in stainless steel and the other 30% ferment in oak barrels. The wine ages on the lees for at least 60 months before final dosage.
- Elevage:30% in oak barrels / 70% in stainless steel / 60 months on lees. Fermentation in Stainless-steel tank.
- Winemaker Name:André Heucq
- Finning & Filtration:Disgorged
- Producer Website:https://www.champagne-heucq.com/fr/
- Total Production:10,000 bottles
- Sustainable Certificates:André Heucq has been Certified Biodynamic since 2018 and they follow organic and sustainable farming principles.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes
- Tasting Notes:The nose presents candied fruits, bread, mead and later notes of white pepper and herbal tea. The attack on the palate is fresh, then the wine is intensified, voluminous, and balanced by pleasant sourness.