Auramaris - 2021
Auramaris is a Latin word, meaning sea breeze. We thought this word appropriate since we are situated about 10 miles from the sea and Vermentino is a grape that grows well near the sea. The name was also inspired by its pronounced salinity which is reminiscent of the of breeze from the sea. Vibrant and fresh. The aromatics are correspondingly fresh, pure and primary, packed full of green apples, citrus, dried straw mediterranea herbs and minerality. The palate entry is also ultra-mineral, classically dry and restrained, showing a seamlessly balanced mouthfeel. The addition of 15% Grechetto increases the harmony and complexity of this wine.
- Brand:Val Di Toro
- Commune/Village:Poggio La Mozza,
- Varietal:85% Vermentino, 15% Grechetto
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:68 mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Maremma is always mild along the coast, with mild winters and temperatures that never drop below zero, plus cool summers that are never hot and humid. Sometimes it never rains in summer, the rainfall is concentrated in winter and spring with some storms in autumn.We are at approximately 100 m a.s.l. and about 10 km from the coast.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:15 Ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2005.0
- Fermentation:Once the grapes are taken to our winery, which is located more or less in the middle our vineyards, they are immediately destemmed and pressed. The must is left to decant for 2 days while kept at a low temperature and then fermented in steel vats. About 10% of the must is fermented in used French Oak barriques and after a few weeks is blended with the rest of the wine.
- Elevage:After fermentation which occurs in stainless steel vats is finished the resulting wine is left in the same vats until the beginning of November when it gets transferred into a different type of stainless-steel vat whose characteristic is that it will chill the wine to around 0 degrees centigrade. At this temperature the tartrates will precipitate and we achieve the stability of the wines without the use of chemical or animal products.
- Winemaker Name:Anna Maria Cruciata
- Producer Website:https://valditoro.it
- Total Production:700 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:We use sheep and beneficial birds to control weeds and pests. We also have cover crops, drip irrigation and process ponds to conserve water. We have composting, recycling and reuse as much as possible to minimize waste. We focus on protecting air and water quality, preserving local ecosystems and wildlife habitats.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes