The smoky Pasilla Mixe chili is the sole botanical in our Ayuuk and is the source of all its complexity. It is sourced directly from Mixe farmers in the mountains of Oaxaca, Mexico, and macerated in a spirit made from Danish heritage purple wheat and pilsner malt. After distillation, the best fractions are rested in a sherry Oloroso cask, allowing the flavors to infuse and mature, giving a smooth, distinct, savory finish.
- Varietal:"Pasilla Mixe Chili, Danish Purple Heritage Wheat, Malted Barley "
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:With Belgian Saison Yeast
- Still Type:Vacuum
- Distillation:Fragmented vacuum distillation
- Cooperage:Oloroso sherry cask
- Distiller Name:Lars Williams
- Producer Website:https://us.empirical.co/