Barbera d'Alba DOC 2020
Barbera grapes from the estate vineyard in Monforte. This is a fresh easy drinking version, with no oak influence. Indigenous yeast, temperature controlled maceration to extract color and nuances without losing the acidity. LOVELY RED WINE, WITH IMPORNTANT ACIDITY, NICE BODY, BUT WITH EASY CHARACTHER. COOL TO DRINK YOUNG AND FRESH. GOOD WITH SIMPLY DISHES OR AS WINE BY THE GLASS.
- Brand:Azienda Agricola Gianfranco Alessandria
- Commune/Village:Monforte d'Alba
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80mg/l
- Climate:The climate is cold and harsh in winter, usually with abundant snowfall. Warm summers with the possibility of rains and sometimes thunderstorms. In the last 5 -6 years climate changed a lot, and sometimes it seems more tropical one, with not so rigid temperatures in winter time and very hot and dry during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:2.5 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1980, 2000
- Fermentation:PIED DE CUVE / NATURAL YEAST / SPONTANEOUS FERMENTATION / SHORT MACERATION ON THE SKINS IN STEEL TANK ( VERTICAL ONE ), FOR ABOUT 12 DAYS. TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SYSTEM
- Elevage:MALOLATIC IN STEEL TANK – AGING IN INOX FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS.
- Winemaker Name:Marta Alessandria
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Producer Website:http://www.gianfrancoalessandria.com/
- Total Production:250 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No