Barbera d'Alba DOC - 2020
Monteforte's own Barbera grapes from the estate's vineyard. A lack of wood makes this a light and crisp variant. native yeast, temperature-controlled maceration to extract color and complexity without diluting the acidity. Elegant red wine with a balanced blend of fruit and acidity, a smooth texture, and a light personality. Flavorful when consumed when young and fresh. Complements simple meals and is enjoyable by the glass.
- Brand:Gianfranco Alessandria
- Region:Castilla La Mancha
- Commune/Village:Monforte d'Alba
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80mg/l
- Climate:The climate is cold and harsh in winter, usually with abundant snowfall. Warm summers with the possibility of rains and sometimes thunderstorms. In the last 5 -6 years climate changed a lot, and sometimes it seems more tropical one, with not so rigid temperatures in winter time and very hot and dry during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:2.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1980, 2000
- Fermentation:PIED DE CUVE / NATURAL YEAST / SPONTANEOUS FERMENTATION / SHORT MACERATION ON THE SKINS IN STEEL TANK ( VERTICAL ONE ), FOR ABOUT 12 DAYS. TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SYSTEM
- Elevage:MALOLATIC IN STEEL TANK – AGING IN INOX FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS.
- Winemaker Name:Marta Alessandria
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:http://www.gianfrancoalessandria.com/
- Total Production:250 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No