Barbera d'Alba 'Selectio' DOC - 2020
Sobrero’s Barbera d’Alba shows density and boldness, but also poise. The nose is lively and expressive, previewing a palate that displays succulent fruit, generous floral notes, and nuances of spice, leather, and black pepper, all tied together by a thread of crisp minerality. A brilliant purple- edged ruby of marked depth and intensity. A crisp, emphatically varietal nose releases lively, ultra-dense aromas, exhibiting a fine balance of succulent fruit impressions, generous floral notes, and a thread of crisp minerality. Nuances of black pepper, spice, and leather complete an amalgam of remarkable complexity and liveliness.
- Brand:Sobrero Francesco
- Commune/Village:Castiglione Falletto
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added: 38 mg/l
- Climate:Castiglione Falletto village. position nord ovest. Continental climate in high altitude
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1995.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are macerated and fermented for 25 days with open-air, automatic pumpovers. Malolactic conversion occurs after a week of settling and racking.
- Elevage:12 months’ maturation in used oak barrels, light toasting of the wood.
- Winemaker Name:Flavio Sobrero
- Producer Website:https://sobrerofrancesco.it/
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Sobrero is Certified Organic and practices dry-farming in their vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes