Barolo DOCG - 2018
The Gianfranco Alessandria 2018 Barolo comes from a mid-cold vintage, The wine reveals tart cherry and plum, with beautiful shadings of tar, licorice and smoke.. The wine opens slowly compare 2017 but it can be described as a fresher version. Fresh and elengant vintange, with traditional touch, round body, but with great potential for the future. Our classic Barolo is from more vineyards from Loc. San Giovanni in Monforte d’alba, we like to use medium age of the nebbiolo plants, ad we get an important energy in the character of the wine, with a selection of about 6.5 tons of grapes per hectare, elegant, flower and lovely drinking Barolo.
- Brand:Gianfranco Alessandria
- Commune/Village:Monforte d'Alba
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80mg/l
- Climate:The climate is cold and harsh in winter, usually with abundant snowfall. Warm summers with the possibility of rains and sometimes thunderstorms. In the last 5 -6 years climate changed a lot, and sometimes it seems more tropical one, with not so rigid temperatures in winter time and very hot and dry during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000, 2010
- Fermentation:pied de cuve / natural yeast / spontaneous fermentation / shot maceration on the skins in steel tank ( vertical one ), for about 12 days. temperature controlled around 28° - 30° degree.
- Elevage:malolatic in steel tank – aging in small french oak (225 lt) for 24 month, 20% new oak, the rest 2 – 3 passage.
- Winemaker Name:Vittoria Alessandria
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:http://www.gianfrancoalessandria.com/
- Total Production:100 cases
- Sustainable Practice:No