Though the Dão is known for its warm temperatures, the vines behind this sultry red blend are cooled by the river breezes that stream through the valley’s lower elevations. The result is a red wine that is simultaneously powerful and refreshing with notes of plum, black cherry, violets, toast, and leather, all supported by firm tannins and a throughline of acidity. Ripe plum and black cherry cola are primary on the nose, with secondary aromas of smoke, violets charred bread and hints of leather follow. The palate has notes of chocolate, silky with noticeable acidity, dry tannin frames the finish suggesting this offering may have 3-5 years of development.
- Brand:Gota, Ltd.
- Varietal:80% Touriga Nacional, 5% Tinta Roriz, 5% Jaen, 5% Alfrocheiro, 5% others
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:85mg/liter TOTAL
- Climate:The small vineyards that comprise Bergamota are located in the lower elevations of the Dão. While they collect 2200- 2400 heat units each vintage, there are fresh cooling winds that come off the mountain-sides to retain natural acids in the wine.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Elevage:The wine is racked into used French and Portuguese Oak for 12 months of aging and 6 months in the bottle before release.
- Winemaker Name:Natalia Jessa and Carlos Silva
- Finning & Filtration:Filtered