'Bianco' Lazio IGT - 2018
A traditionally made blend of Grechetto and Viognier, this wine displays a deft balance between soft fruit and slightly saline acidity. Volcanic soils lend an elegant minerality to complement the white peach, medlar, and fresh almond on the palate. Moderate skin contact and aging on the lees deliver body, golden color, and enticing texture. The color is a clear, golden-yellow, the result of sitting on the lees. The aromas are surprisingly complex, mineral, intense yet elegant, with a pleasing fruit component that is not too ripe. There is white peach, medlar and perhaps some fresh almond, along with flint and gentian flower. The flavor is balanced, soft, piquant and perfectly upheld by a brackish, Mediterranean acidity.
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80 ml/l
- Climate:The climate at Fiorano Estate is Mediterranean, though with some slight continental elements. Winter is mild and quite rainy, but it can get cold at night; summer is hot and sunny, with a few afternoon thunderstorms. Intense winds blow from Civitavecchia during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1998 and 2002
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes are immediately soft-pressed. The must ferments with indigenous yeasts in ten-hectoliter oak barrels and skin contact lasts for about 24 hours. Malolactic fermentation occurs with natural yeast.
- Elevage:Elevage in big casks for at least 24 months.
- Winemaker Name:In the past Giuseppe Palieri e Tancredi Biondi Santi, today Lorenzo Costantini.
- Scores:James Suckling 94 / 100 Luca Maroni 90 / 101
- Producer Website:https://tenutadifiorano.it/en/vineyards/
- Total Production:603 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Tenuta di Fiorano uses organic and sustainable practices, farming without synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes