A crystalline bottling of Palomino with just enough weight on the palate, this is a charming expression of Andalucian terroir. Tropical fruit notes abound on the nose, ranging from banana to guava and citrus before notes of lime zest, white florals, and thyme emerge. Overall the wine shows a deft balance of fruit and herbal tones, giving it an intriguing edge.
This young Palomino is bright crystalline yellow in color with green tinges and some weight to back it up. Aromas of Banana Boat and sunshine with a citrus splash give way to a balsamic depth of anise, Lime zest, aloe, white flowers, thyme and herbs. On the pallet the wine has fruity tension, freshness and flavor. A wine that could only be from Cádiz.
- Brand:Bodega de Forlong
- Sub-Region:El Puerto Santa Maria
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:15 mg/liter
- Harvest Technique:The grapes are hand-harvested in early August.
- Vineyard Size:29ha
- Fermentation:Grapes are chilled at 40 degrees for 48 hours before hand-sorting. Fermenation then occurs in stainless steel tanks over the course of 20 days.
- Elevage:The wine is then racked into another stainless tank for brief 2- 3 months on the lees before going into neutral French oak for and additional 3 months.
- Winemaker Name:joan Asens
- Finning & Filtration:filtered