The method we followed to vinify Boh was meant to extract at the maximum level the fruit and freshness and all the primary flavours of the Sangiovese grapes it is made with. Its color is light red but the mouth is full of red fruit flavors, such as red cherry, strawberry, plum, and raspberry. Its tannins are soft making it very easy to drink and to match with most Italian dishes.
- Brand:Val Di Toro
- Sub-Region:Costa Toscana
- Varietal:Sangiovese 100%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:19 mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Maremma is always mild along the coast, with mild winters and temperatures that never drop below zero, plus cool summers that are never hot and humid. Sometimes it never rains in summer, the rainfall is concentrated in winter and spring with some storms in autumn.We are at approximately 100 m a.s.l. and about 10 km from the coast.
- Harvest Technique:– In farming we follow traditional organic practices. As an example the only fertilizer we use is green manure, broad beans which we sow among the lines of vines and that get mulched into the soil at the end of spring. In terms of treatments for diseases we only use copper and sulphur but only in the quantities allowed by the organic disciplinary. Harvest is carried out by hand in small plastic baskets and the pickers are given very strict instruction that only healthy grapes are to be put in the basket, while the rest is discarded
- Vineyard Size:2ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2016
- Fermentation:After harvest the grapes were destemmed and put in a steel vat where fermentation happened totally naturally without the addiction of yeasts or sulphur. After 8 days it was pressed and transferred back in the steel vat where after about a month went into malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:The wine was kept in a steel vat for 6 months till the bottling at the beginning of March.
- Winemaker Name:Anna Maria Cruciata
- Finning & Filtration:Boh was very filtered loosely using the 'bag filter' only at the time of bottling.
- Producer Website:https://valditoro.it/
- Total Production:100
- Sustainable Certificates:Efsa cert
- Sustainable Practice:We are certified for ZERO PHYTOSANITARY RESIDUES in soil and in wine