Bourgogne Pinot Noir "Tradition" 2021
The Tradition is a beautifully light and fresh Pinot Noir, drawn from a distinctive terroir defined by its white limestone soil content, humidity, and morning fog. It boasts a sophisticated balance of concentration, acidity, and minerality, with red cherries, strawberries, and hints of savoriness. Light to medium bodied with red cherries and strawberries with a slight savoury aspect.
- Brand:EARL Fichet Pierre-Yves & Olivier
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Yes
- Climate:The Mâconnais climate shows signs of its proximity to the Rhône Valley, with warmer-than-average temperatures, lower rainfall and – perhaps most significantly – less risk of vine-damaging spring frosts.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990
- Fermentation:Grapes are 100% destemmed and fermented for 10–20 days in Ganimède stainless steel and cement tanks.
- Elevage:3-5 months in stainless steel tanks and 20% in used oak
- Winemaker Name:Olivier Fichet
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Producer Website:https://domainefichet.fr/?lang=en
- Sustainable Certificates:Domaine Fichet is Certified Sustainable.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes
- Tasting Notes:Light to medium bodied with red cherries and strawberries with a slight savoury aspect.