Explosivo' Vinho Verde Tinto 2022
Explosivo was created to showcase a style of red wine that has been facing large demand lately in the US market: Chilleable, descomplicated red wine. Featuring one of the region's native grapes (Vinhao) made in a style that matched its liter-sized bottle: Juicy and fresh (despite its dark, inky color) rather than tannic and intense, which is how the wine is usually made in the region. It's light fizz caters to drinkers of Lambrusco drinkers (quite recognizeble style of wine in the US), delivering a much drier and more savory profile. The name and label refer to its "explosive" mouthfeel. Tasting notes: Fresh dark fruits (dark wild berries, plums). Herbal and leafy touch. Deep and dark flavors, followed by bright acidity and slight fizz.
- Brand:Quinta Das Arcas
- Sub-Region:Vinho Verde DOC
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Free SO2: 35g/dm3
- Climate:Topographically, the region is "a vast amphitheater which, starting at the coast, gradually climbs in elevation towards the interior" (Amorim Girão, Portuguese geographer), exposing the entire area to the influence of the Atlantic Ocean, a phenomenon reinforced by the orientation of the valleys of the main rivers, which run east to west and facilitate penetration of the sea winds. This Atlantic influence, mostly granitic soils, mild climate and high rainfall, are reflected in the freshness, lightness and elegance of the wines of this region.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:granitic soils
- Fermentation:Grapes are fully destemmed and undergo immediate complete carbonic maceration. Wine then goes into malolactic fermentation.
- Winemaker Name:Fernando Machado and Henrique Lopes
- Finning & Filtration:Filtration prior to bottling
- Producer Website:https://www.quintadasarcas.com/pt/
- Total Production:7,200 bottles
- Sustainable Certificates:Integrated Prodction
- Sustainable Practice:Yes