Cabernet Franc 2021
Using exclusively stainless steel instead of wood, the 2019 Classic Label Cabernet Franc strives to represent a true expression of Cabernet Franc from the Finger Lakes. This wine, which draws inspiration from Cru Beaujolais, has a bright cherry and violet fruit aroma with a mineral tension in the midpalate. Invigorating on the palate, it provides a welcome contrast to the oaky notes in the single-vineyard Cabernet Franc.
- Brand:Red Newt
- Region:New York
- Sub-Region:Finger Lakes
- Commune/Village:Seneca Lake
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:sandstone soils
- Fermentation:Field sorted / 25% of fruit placed in tank as whole clusters / remaining fruit destemmed and lightly crushed with SO2 addition, part of which when to tank and the rest to bins / 3 days cold soak followed by spontaneous fermentation / malolactic inoculation 48 hours into fermentation / punch downs up to 4 times a day.
- Elevage:Sealed in tank with dry ice for 3 weeks / pressed off of skins and returned to tank for cold stabilization till spring.
- Winemaker Name:Harlan Fulkerson
- Finning & Filtration:Fined and filtered
- Scores:90 Points – Wine Enthusiast
- Producer Website:https://www.rednewt.com/
- Total Production:355 cases