Cabernet Franc Oak Noll Napa 2019
This wine has notes of violet undergirded by spice and pepper. Vibrant and high toned on the palate, with a core of bright acidity and elevated tannins, this is traditional Cabernet Franc.
- Brand:T. Berkley Wines
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Napa Valley
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Cooler in summer than the warmer upper valley and drier in winter allowing soils to warm earlier in the spring. The marine influence from San Pablo Bay is strong here with foggy mornings and cool summer nights. Summer daytime temperatures can average 10°F cooler than St. Helena. This creates the longest growing season in the valley, providing early bud break and a long, leisurely growing season for optimal, balanced ripeness. The cooler nights and slowly rising daytime temperatures create a naturally long hang time for fruit to achieve bright acidity, great texture, fruit-forward aromas and elegant flavors.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:silt soils
- Vine Age (year planted):over 40 years ago
- Elevage:22 months in French oak (40% new)
- Winemaker Name:Taylor Berkley Boydstun
- Producer Website:https://www.tberkleywines.com/
- Total Production:100 cases