Cabernet Franc Santa Barbara 2018
Bright cherry and raspberry on the nose followed by spices and leather. Balanced and bright in the mouth with lots of fine, but grippy tannin,punctuated with lively acidity
- Brand:Two Wolves Wine
- Region:Santa Barbara County
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:2018 was a return to a more normal pattern of a wet winter, cool spring, mild summer and warm fall, with no extreme heat waves. The fruit was able to gradually ripen and produce wines with elegance and balance
- Harvest Technique:Hand-harvested
- Soil:Positas fine sandy loam with clay
- Vineyard Size:0.93 acres
- Vine Age (year planted):2010
- Fermentation:Destemmed fruit was fermented in a French oak foudre, and whole cluster fruit fermented in a stainless steel tank. Both lots were matured in French oak (30% new) before blending and bottling.
- Elevage:Both lots were matured in French oak (30% new) before blending and bottling.
- Producer Website:https://twowolveswine.com/
- Total Production:96 acres