Cabernet Saucignon "No 95" - 2017
N°95 is a vibrant and expansive wine grown on Brand Napa’s lowest-altitude vineyard, which sits at 1,200 feet above sea level. These young vines show such energy that Brand holds the wine back an extra year before release. The result is a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon with plum and spice aromas, plus flavors of cherry, cassis, cocoa powder, and the structure to support years of graceful aging. Because of the rambunctious energy of these vines, the No95 is held back an additional year before release. This vibrant and expansive wine is expressive immediately upon pulling the cork. Plum, cedar and baking spice scents are followed by bright flavors of cherry, cassis and cocoa powder. The wine is full bodied and energetic with the structure to support years of graceful aging.
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Pritchard Hill
- Varietal:88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petite Verdot
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:Although similar in some ways to the East side of Napa Valley (St. Helena, Rutherford, etc), there are two mitigating factors in that make Pritchard Hill substantially different: the mitigating influence of Lake Hennesy, and the substantial increase in altitude which can be both cooler and drier because of the fog.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Fermentation:One-acre vineyard blocks are fermented separately in barrels and double-jacketed, stainless-steel tanks. The fermentations use ambient yeast or pure cultures, depending on each lot’s characteristics.
- Elevage:Aged in French oak barrels for 20 months. 63% new French oak barrels selected from 6-8 coopers including Taransaud T-5, Hermitage, Sylvain and Demptos.
- Winemaker Name:Philippe Melka and Matt Johnson
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://brandnapavalley.com
- Total Production:975 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Brand Napa uses organic and biodynamic farming practices in their vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:No