Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Barbara 2018
Smells like sunshine after the rain. So much going on! Tension, beauty, flowers and spice. Green herbal notes of eucalyptus and sage, camphor, sweet vanilla cream wafers, lemon verbena, blackberries, black pepper, sweet cherries. Wild and woody, mouth filling in the most delicious way. Long finish, great acid, velvety fine tannins.
- Brand:Two Wolves Wine
- Region:Santa Barbara County
- Varietal:95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:2018 was a return to a more normal pattern of a wet winter, cool spring, mild summer and warm fall, with no extreme heat waves. The fruit was able to gradually ripen and produce wines with elegance and balance.
- Soil:Chamise shaly loam and Positas fine sandy loam
- Fermentation:Fermented in oak rotary fermenters, open-top oak barrels, and a stainless steel closed top tank. The wine spends on average 30 days on skins before being gently pressed into 50% new French oak barrels for maturation.
- Elevage:French oak barrels
- Producer Website:https://twowolveswine.com/
- Total Production:200 cases