Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Valley - 2019
Totem Ridge Vineyard is located on the Mayacama Range in southern Knights Valley. There are seven distinct Cabernet blocks, each with its own exposure and elevation. Petrified Forest Vineyard is located on the mountain's backside and benefits from longer hangtimes due to its eastern exposure. The nose is deep purple in the glass, with heavy earth tones reminiscent of wild fruit, chocolate, and broken rock. The palate is broad and elegant, with flavors of blackberry, cherry, pastry crust, and a trace of coffee bean.
- Sub-Region:Sonoma County
- Commune/Village:Sonoma Coast
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Fermentation:Destemmed without crushing / gravity fed to stainless steel tanks / after a long cold soak, wine is allowed to begin spontaneous fermentation, temporarily reaching high temperatures to add extraction / pressed before dryness.
- Winemaker Name:Dan Fitzgerald