Cahors - 2019
Chateau Lamartine was built in 1922. Encompassing 28 hectares of vines that range in age from 20 to 120 years old, the Domaine is in the westernmost reaches of the Cahors appellation, making Chateau Lamartine the only Cahors domaine that benefits from the influence of the Atlantic. Dark garnet red color, the density announces a lot of concentration confirmed by the nose. First, it gives off ripe red fruits and sweet spices, complemented by dark fruits notes. The harmony is remarkable in mouth, it has a nice texture with a pleasant astringency.
- Brand:Château Lamartine
- Varietal:90% Malbec, 10% Merlot
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:90ppm
- Climate:Oceanic, the climate there is mild, and generally warm and temperate. Cahors is an appellation with a significant amount of rainfall.
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1977.0
- Fermentation:22 days in stainless steel tank with selected neutral yeast and several punch down
- Elevage:Aging in concrete tanks (60%), oak vats and oak barrels (40%). Bottling from 20 months.
- Winemaker Name:Alain Gayraud
- Total Production:6000 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes