Faccia Brutto is a line of Italian-inspired liqueurs made by Patrick Miller, a former chef who worked in restaurants for fourteen years before turning his attention to creating spirits that pay homage to traditional Italian recipes. Carciofo is made from a blend of 19 herbs and botanicals with neutral grain spirit from Buffalo, NY. Fresh artichokes are taken from the Central Valley in California and macerated for 10 days alongside warm spices like cinnamon, allspice, and dandelion root. Lemon peel and bay leaf round out the blend that’s sweetened with organic cane sugar. Just as a chef would finish all dishes with a touch of salt, Patrick adds salt to all the spirits prior to bottling to round out all the botanicals and harmonize the sweet and bitter flavors.
- Brand:Faccia Brutto
- Region:New York
- Varietal:Made with 12 botanicals including fresh artichokes, coriander, rhubarb root, allspice, cinnamon, fennel seed, sarsaparilla, chicory root, cardamom, dittany of Crete, roasted dandelion root, and fresh lemon and orange zest.
Show More Less Information
- Maturation:Maceration of 12 botanicals for 13 days in Non-GMO GNS.
- Distiller Name:Patrick Miller
- Finishing:Filtered, and sweetened with organic sugar and caramel color for flavor, along with fresh citrus.
- Producer Website:https://facciabruttospirits.com/