Caricante - 2021
Born in the shadow of Mount Etna, Elisa Trovato knew one thing at an early age: The deep relationship between the volcano and the land was to shape her future. She set out on a unique journey of true dedication to the winemaking women who came before her. High altitude produced on the slopes of Mount Etna, with native Carricante grapes. The lava soil minerality donates to the grapes and the climate from extreme temperature giving the wine fine fragrance and freshness. The Bianco is handpicked and de-stemmed, followed bya 72-hour cold soak maceration and a 15 day fermentation in stainless steel. Aging takes place in steel as well.
- Brand:Il Vulcano di Elisa
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 mg/l
- Climate:Semi Maritime, the summers are short, warm, humid, dry, and clear and the winters are long, cold, and partly cloudy. The presence of strong winds is a constant in this area. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 38°F to 85°F and is rarely below 31°F or above 90°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:3 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1960.0
- Fermentation:Vinification: fermentation in stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts. Malolactic fermentation fully run. Once de-stemming is complete the selected grapes are left to macerate and naturally ferment at a controlled temperature with indigenous yeast for approximately 15 days. After drawing off, natural malolactic fermentation in steel vats always follows.
- Elevage:4 months in stainless steel tanks in contact with the fine lees and 2 months in the bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Elisa Trovato
- Total Production:200.0
- Sustainable Practice:Yes