'Carla 6' IGT Red 2018
Carla 6 is a pure Sangiovese from a 1.5-hectare selection of La Massa’s estate vines in the Conca d’Oro. Deep, fleshy, and super expressive, it’s exquisitely textured, with succulent notes of dark cherry, tobacco, and spice. Deep, fleshy and super-expressive. Succulent dark cherry, cedar, tobacco and spice are all kicked up in this textured wine. A great expression of Panzano terroir in this Sangiovese.
- Brand:Societa Agricola Tenuta La Massa
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
- Alcohol:14.50 %
- Size:750ml, 1.5L
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0
- Climate:27 ha of vineyards facing south in the "Conca d’Oro" (Golden Basin) of Panzano with an average altitude of 360 meters above see level. The soils are a mixture of scaly clay and galestro (loose marl and limestone).
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:1.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1999
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs with indigenous or selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 28°C. After racking, the wine remains on the lees for around 20 days.
- Elevage:Wood (500lt) (50% new) for 1 year, then 1 year in concrete tanks, then 1 year in the bottle before being released.
- Winemaker Name:Giampaolo Motta
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Scores:Vinous 94 points – James Suckling 96 points
- Producer Website:https://lamassa.com/
- Total Production:480 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:La Massa minimizes chemicals in the vineyards by avoiding herbicides, plus using green bean fertilizer and only recyclable materials.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes