Carmenere Reserve 2020
This Reserva Carmenere is a soft representation of the notoriously hard-to-ripen Carmenere grape. In order to keep the wine's fruity flavor, the clusters are picked from older vines in the Maipo Valley, and the juice is fermented at low temperatures. The Casa Julia has a nose of black fruit and a pronounced vegetable note, like a green bell pepper. Blueberry and blackberry flavors mingle with a hint of earth and tannins in this full-bodied red wine. This Carmenère pairs well with a wide range of dishes, from grilled pork loin and blackened chicken to steak salad with roasted peppers.
- Brand:Vina Fray Leon
- Region:Maipo Valley
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The winters are chilly, with highs of 14.5°C and lows of 4°C on average. The daily temperature range throughout the summer is quite large, averaging between 12 and 28.5 degrees Celsius. The afternoon winds that blow over the Maipo River basin tend to be chilly, which is great for the vineyards.
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vine Age (year planted):1980
- Fermentation:temperature control / stainless steel fermentation
- Winemaker Name:Pablo Morandé
- Finning & Filtration:filtered and fined
- Sustainable Practice:Yes