Faccia Brutto is a line of Italian-inspired liqueurs made by Patrick Miller, a former chef who worked in restaurants for fourteen years before turning his attention to creating spirits that pay homage to traditional Italian recipes. Based out of the Pfizer Building in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, Patrick works with organic ingredients to make his amari. Centerbe, meaning "a hundred herbs", is an herbal liqueur from the Abruzzo region in Italy. Lightly bittersweet, with notes of fresh tarragon and fennel. Just as a chef would finish all dishes with a touch of salt, Patrick adds salt to all the spirits prior to bottling to round out all the botanicals and harmonize the sweet and bitter flavors.
- Brand:Faccia Brutto
- Region:New York
- Varietal:Made with 16 botanicals including lemon balm, anise hyssop, coriander, dittany of Crete, nettle, sage, parsley, tarragon, bay leaves, cardamom, mint, thyme, fennel seed, eucalyptus, marjoram, chamomile macerated in NYS NGS.
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Maceration of 16 botanicals that lasts 7 days total. Dried botanicals spend 6 days in mon-GMO GNS while fresh herbs spend 12 hours in it before filtering. Botanicals include: lemon balm, anise hyssop, coriander, dittany of Crete, nettle, sage, parsley, tarragon, bay leaves, cardamom, mint, thyme, fennel seed, eucalyptus, marjoram, chamomile. Sweetened with organic cane sugar.
- Maturation:Dried botanicals spend 6 days macerating in non-GMO GNS while fresh herbs spend 12 hours.
- Distiller Name:Patrick Miller
- Finishing:Sweetened with organic cane sugar, and finished with a minuscule amount of food colorant to set the color.
- Producer Website:https://facciabruttospirits.com/