Coste della Sesia DOC 'il Centovigne' 2016
By accenting Nebbiolo with Vespolina, Il Centovigne becomes an especially aromatic wine that combines floral and earth tones with fresh red fruit. This wine gains its complexity from the unique sandy soils in the municipality of Mottalciata combined with aging for 24 months in tonneaux and 12 months in bottle before release.
- Varietal:90-95% Nebbiolo, 5-10% Vespolina
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:56 mg/L
- Climate:From vineyards located in the municipality of Mottalciata, in the province of Biella, at 350 m a.s.l. The rains are concentrated in winter and spring, summers are hot. The breeze coming from Monte Rosa makes the climate mild
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:2.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):60% vines planted in 1999. 40% vines planted in 2013
- Fermentation:Grapes are crushed, and fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts for 15-20 days in inox tanks. During fermentation, the must undergoes daily pumpovers. Malolactic fermentation is also completed.
- Elevage:The wine rests at least 24 months in tonneau, then at least 1 year in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Alessandro Ciccioni
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.centovigne.it
- Total Production:500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Società Agricola Centovigne eschews the use of traditional pesticides across their vineyards, relying instead on cover crops and composting to improve vine health. The team also takes part in a biodiversity program to help support its local ecosystem.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes