Chardonnay Reserva - 2022
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London. Fresh and juicy, this delicate unoaked Chardonnay expresses aromas of pineapple, ripe melon and peach combined with citrus notes. The palate is silky and vibrant with a long and mouthwatering finish.
- Sub-Region:Curicó Valley
- Varietal:95% Chardonnay, 5% Viogner
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone and volcanic soil
- Vineyard Size:65 ha
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Producer Website:https://echewine.com