Chenas - 2019
Anthony took over 2 hectares of Chenas in 2017. Very old vines from 50 to 100 years old. This cuvee is produced with the youngest Gamay of his Chenas' vineyards (50 yo). It's a blend of 2 parcels
- Brand:Anthony Thévenet
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Gamay, a grape with great versatility, thrives in the region's semi-continental climate, which features long, hot summers and cold winters. The grape has the potential to produce wines as fine, elegant, and complex as many Burgundies, as well as wines of great force and structure with nuances more closely linked to their neighbors across Lyon in the Northern Rhône Valley.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy and rocky granite soils
- Vineyard Size:6.5 ha
- Fermentation:Harvested by hand and sorted directly on the vine. 10 days of carbonic maceration in concrete tank. The juice is racked every day to avoid any skin contact. No pumping, everything is performed by gravity. Racking and pressing when fermentation is complete. Wine is chilled to 55°F to completely malolactic smoothly.
- Elevage:6 months of aging in concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Anthony Thévenet
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:350 cases