Chenin Blanc 2021
Vibrant unoaked Chenin Blanc from South Africa’s rugged Swartland region, this is a lively and fresh white wine distinguished by clean flavors of ripe melon and stone fruit. Made completely in stainless steel, a brief period of lees aging adds texture and a degree of finesse to this crowd-pleasing wine. A wine filled with vibrancy, luminosity and clean minerality. Flavors of ripe summer melon, pear, white peach, and lemon peel on the palate.
- Varietal:100% Chenin Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Country:South Africa
- How much so2 added:20ppm
- Climate:Mediterranean, cold winters, hot dry windy summers - avg. rainfall 350mm/year, distinctive rolling hills on avg. 140m above sea level
- Harvest Technique:The grapes are hand-picked, with manually sorting occurring in each vineyard.
- Soil:the dominant soil formation consists of heavy shale, with a high clay and salt content and a big water-holding capacity, plus decomposed granite which is well aerated
- Vineyard Size:42 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2001
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo natural fermentation with ambient yeasts.
- Winemaker Name:Trizanne Barnard
- Finning & Filtration:Light Filtration
- Scores:90 POINTS, Wine Enthusiast, Top 100 Wines of 2021, Editor's Choice
- Producer Website:https://www.lubanziwines.com/
- Total Production:6700cs
- Sustainable Certificates:Fair for Life Fair Trade Certified, B Corporation Certified
- Sustainable Practice:Lubanzi was founded with a mission to do good, and remains committed to sustainability initiatives across ts endeavors. The brand practices sustainable viticulture and donates 50% of its annual profits back to growers via the Pebbles Project. In addition, Lubanzi is a Ceritifed B Corp, part of the 1% for the Planet organization, and Fair for Life fair-trade certified.