Chianti DOCG Organic - 2021
Gioventu Chianti comes from Michael Schmeltzer, the man behind our beloved Monte Bernardi wines. As expected, this wine is fantastic. From younger vines (planted in 2010) of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, and Ciliegiolo. After the grapes are crushed, the wine ferments naturally in cement tanks. Aging in also in cement and lasts 12 months. There is no fining or filtering before bottling. The color of the wine shows a burgundy center, becoming a clearer, burnt red on the edges. The nose is bold, with complex layers of fruit and earth. Aromas of black cherry, dark red flowers, and crushed, loamy rocks are at the core, with spicy, woodsy smells of milled black pepper and autumnal dried leaves right above it. The palate is focused on savory fruits of blackberry, cherry, and red citrus, freshened by a zing of clean minerality. Structure-wise, this wine has power, with long lasting acidity, and tannin on the top of the gums and down the tongue.
- Varietal: Sangiovese, Canaiolo, and Ciliegiolo
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Climate:Mediterranean climate
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Fermentation:After the grapes are crushed, the wine ferments naturally in cement tanks.
- Elevage:Aging in also in cement and lasts 12 months. There is no fining or filtering before bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Michael Schmeltzer
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:700 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes