Ciliegiolo Natura Costa Toscana 2022
The method we followed to vinify Boh was meant to extract at the maximum level the fruit and freshness and all the primary flavours of the Ciliegiolo grapes it is made with. Its color is purple red but the mouth is full of red fruit flavors, such as red cherry, strawberry, wild berry, and raspberry. Its tannins are soft making it very easy to drink and to match with most Italian dishes. This wine is obtained by using the natural yeast on the grapes and the amount of sulphite used is under 30 mg/L
- Brand:Val Di Toro
- Sub-Region:IGT Costa Toscana
- Varietal:Ciliegiolo 100%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:19 mg/L
- Climate:The climate in Maremma is always mild along the coast, with mild winters and temperatures that never drop below zero, plus cool summers that are never hot and humid. Sometimes it never rains in summer, the rainfall is concentrated in winter and spring with some storms in autumn.We are at approximately 100 m a.s.l. and about 10 km from the coast.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vineyard Size:0.8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2016
- Fermentation:After harvest the grapes were destemmed and put in a steel vat where fermentation happened totally naturally without the addiction of yeasts or sulphur. After 8 days it was pressed and transferred back in the steel vat where after about a month went into malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:The wine was kept in a steel vat for 6 months till the bottling at the beginning of March.
- Winemaker Name:Anna Maria Cruciata
- Finning & Filtration:Mah was very filtered loosely using the 'bag filter' only at the time of bottling.
- Producer Website:https://valditoro.it/
- Total Production:100