Cinsault Rose Columbia Valley 2021
This is an exceedingly drinkable rosé crafted entirely from Cinsault. Lean and fresh, with the ideal amount of texture, it’s a balanced and refreshing wine. Like the '19 and '20, the '21 is lean and fresh, but with just the right amount of texture from the puncheon aging (with battonage).
- Brand:Sonder Winery
- Region:Columbia Valley
- Sub-Region:Yakima Valley, Horse Heaven Hills
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Minimal
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Soil:silty loam; loess
- Vine Age (year planted):1997; 1980; 2003
- Fermentation:They cold-soak 90% of the grapes for 12–24 hours and press 10% straight into barrel. Fermentation occurs with native yeasts in barrels and stainless steel tanks, with no malolactic conversion.
- Elevage:Aged for 5 months in stainless steel and neutral French puncheons, with the puncheons receiving weekly batonnage to build texture.
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Producer Website:https://www.sonderwines.com/
- Total Production:560cs
- Sustainable Practice:Sonder farms their vines using organic and sustable practices.