CLOVIS Côtes du Rhône - 2021
A delicate and fruit-forward Côtes du Rhône from Remi Pouizin’s certified organic farm in Visan, plus other select growers. It complements the classic Grenache and Syrah combination with Cinsault and Carignan, and a gentle extraction in the cellar delivers bright, spice-tinged red fruit with velvety tannins. Clovis is a delicate and fruity expression of Côtes du Rhône. The vinification is very gentle in term of extraction to offer some velvety tannins and a fresh expression of red fruits and spice.
- Brand:Clovis CdR
- Region:Rhône Valley
- Sub-Region:Côtes du Rhône
- Varietal:50% Grenache, 25% Syrah, 15% Cinsault, 10% Carignan
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 ppm total
- Climate:Continental with very hot summer and pretty strong wind called "mistral"
- Harvest Technique:Hand and mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1980.0
- Fermentation:Fermented with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:6 months in both steel tank and concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Remi Pouizin
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:3,000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Certified Organic