Colline Novaresi DOC Croatina - 2018
This 100% Croatina comes from a tiny vineyard in the Colline Novaresi appellation that includes vines over a century old. Grown in the crater of a once-active volcano, it displays the variety’s most compelling merits—from its spice-tinged aromatics to its rich savoriness and excellent balance of acidity and tannins on the palate. On the nose it's intense with hints of ripe red plum, delicately spicy with a slight accent of medicinal herbs. Rich, savory with a slight minerality. A tasty and persistent Croatina, balanced in acidity and tannin.
- Brand:Davide Carlone
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:35 mg/l
- Climate:Guyot; plant density : 4300 vines/hectare. Yield per hectare; 90 – 100 tons/hectare. Here we have a cool climate. Wines have slightly less body but incredible finesse, elegance, and longevity.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:gravelly soils
- Vineyard Size:1.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):0.3 hectares in 1920; 0.3 hectares in 1998; 0.9 hectares in 2016;
- Fermentation:The grapes are destemmed and pressed immediately after harvest, then left to macerate for eight days. Fermentation occurs in stainless-steel tanks with natural autochthonous yeasts and extremely low sulfite dosage.
- Elevage:18 months in stainless steel tanks. Released at least 18 months after harvesting.
- Winemaker Name:Davide Carlone
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://davidecarlone.com/
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Davide Carlone avoids pesticides, uses green manure, encourages cover crops, and seeks to protect biodiversity in his vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes