Contrada C - 2019
Rooted in sandstone soil and limestone in one of their lower-elevation vineyards, Passopiscairo’s 1.3-hectare vineyard in Contrada Chiappemacine produces a full, round, intense Nerello Mascalese. Bright and ruby-hued, it delivers red fruit, fresh Mediterranean herbs and a robust tannic structure in a complete and satisfying wine. Full and bright ruby red Original and pleasant hints of fresh oregano, red currant, Mediterranean herbs Full and intense, with a robust tannic texture and a long warm and fruity trail to finish
- Commune/Village:Castiglione Di Sicilia
- Varietal:Nerello Mascalese
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Climate:The summer of 2020 was moderated by many rains, and generally from bad weather; at the end of the month July then the heat returned, until the rains of 10 August and finally those of early September.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:2 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1938 1960 1990
- Fermentation:After destemming and pressing, the must macerates for around 15 days. A pie de cuve starts fermentation in stainless steel, and a submerged cap extrapolates fruity notes without exaggerating tannins.
- Elevage:18 months in big oak casks. Bottling takes place in waning moon June.
- Winemaker Name:There is a team that follow the direction of Andrea Franchetti
- Scores:Eric Guido, Vinous, 91+ points
- Total Production:500 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Passopisciaro is certified organic and uses only treatments with zero chemical impact—clays, propolis, vitamin C, natural copper, and sulfur.