No Es Pituko' Cabernet Franc 2022
Active in Chilean agriculture, grape growing and winemaking since 1740, the Echeverria family established their current vineyards and winery in 1923 in the outskirts of Molina, a town in the Curicó Valley. Here, they grow grapes from French pre-philloxera rootstocks, on their 80 ha of vineyards. Originally established to produce bulk wines, in 1990, the winery was converted to produce quality wines for export. In the following years, Echeverria was one of the few boutique wineries to emerge from Chile, and the first family winery from Chile to sell wine to Harrods in London. The winery’s No Es Pituko line is home to their ‘nothing added’ wines. All wild fermented, no additives included no sulfites added that are bottled unfiltered and unfined. Intense cherry color, with a slightly cloudy due. On the nose, it has lively aromsas of black cherry and fresh plum. The palate is fresh and persistent, silky with soft tannins and has a lush floral flavour that combines with raspberry fruit.
- Brand:Vina Echeverria
- Region:Curico Valley
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Mediterranean with a long, dry summer season and intense sunlight. Marked DTR (Diurnal Temperature Range, or difference between day and night temperatures), key for assisting the development of flavors. Annual rainfall is 600mm average during winter, mostly between June and August.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:80 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Ungrafted selected clones of pre-phylloxera French rootstock.
- Fermentation:Fermentation with natural yeast in stainless teel tanks for 25 days, soft pump over to promote aromas and colors, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:Stored with its own less in stainless steel tanks prior to bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Roberto Echeverria jr.
- Finning & Filtration:No filtration, no stabilization.
- Producer Website:http://www.echewine.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes