Sierreno Mezcal Artesanal NV
The Gutierrez family has been making Mezcal since 2009, using Cenizo which is indigenous to the state of Durango. The core Mezcals are distilled by Fabiola Avila at the Hacienda Dolores, a historic colonial estate that was built in the 1600s that has been painstakingly restored over the last 30 years. Because Durango has large diversity of agave varietals, second only to Oaxaca, Lagrimas has partnered with a number of vinatas. These are small run distilleries that harvest wild and semi-cultivated agaves in remote areas and distill them. has a noticeable pine and juniper quality to it, and drinks almost like a gin. Blue fruit and citrus on the finish.
- Brand:Lagrimas de Dolores
- Varietal:100% Sierreño (Agave wocomahi) cooked in an underground cylindrical oven with oak for 3-5 days and milled electronically and by hand
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Fermented on milled solids with natural yeast for 2-5 days in underground pine tanks
- Still Type:Copper pot stills
- Distiller Name:Don Valente Martinez