Cuvee Sulfite Free Cabernet Franc 2021
The Dupuy family has been in Puisseguin since the Middle Ages. Marceau Dupuy, a doctor and politician, bought Chateau Beauséjour in 1934, situated in the heart of the hamlet. It is still 18 hectares of vineyard planted with 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc on the clay and limestone terrain of Saint Emilion. When Marceau's son Alain returned from the war in 1945, he gained leadership of both Beauséjour and another family property, Chateau Langlais. This second estate, which belonged to Alain's maternal grandparents, is likewise in the Puisseguin St Emilion appellation. The 12 acre vineyards are located immediately east of Chateau Beauséjour and are planted with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (25%), and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%).
- Brand:Chateau Beausejour
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:18 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1970-1975
- Fermentation:The wines are then fermented at temperatures below 30 degrees Celsius to retain their fruity aromas and produce harmonious bottles.
- Elevage:The tannins have been aged an average of 15 years, thanks to a long maceration that extracts the color and flavor compounds.
- Winemaker Name:Gérard Dupuy
- Producer Website:https://www.vignoblesdupuy.fr/